Wednesday 8 March 2017

#SheInspiresMe

As it's International Women's Day today I thought it would be a good idea to throw together a little post about the women in both my personal life and in the media who inspire me, who remind me everyday that women are absolutely badass, that I can do whatever I put my mind to etc etc. Thanks for everything guys.

The ladies in my fam but namely my lovely mother and sister Rebecca, thank you for being solid constants in my life with support and anything else I could possibly ask for. Mum has taught me to be resilient and take things in my stride. Becks, I can only hope I've been a good big sister so far and I'm so glad you're growing up to be a delightful young lady.

The lovely ladies I'm proud to call my friends; Jem, Jess, Mel, Holly, Amalah, Grace, Laura, Emily, Vicky. You are all absolute angels and thank you for being my friend. You all bring something wonderful to the world and to my life. I cannot wait to see what else you're all gonna do but I know it's gonna be fab.

The ladies in the media across TV, film, music, books and YouTube who inspire me in some way or another is probably a list too big but here are my absolute faves and I'm sure if you've heard of them, know me or have seen their work you'll know why  - Emma Thompson, JK Rowling, Emma Watson, Hazel Hayes, Carrie Hope Fletcher, Emilia Clarke, Aisling Bea, Viola Davis, Uzo Aduba, Helena Bonham Carter....there's countless more I assure you.

The reason for an International Women's Day is to highlight the important issues facing women around the world today, to uplift and inspire the women in your life and to hopefully shut up all the men who ask 'why isn't there an International Man's Day?!?!' - there is. November 19th. Celebrate ladyhood today and be proud of it.


No comments:

Post a Comment